How to treat sensitive skin is one of the most common skincare questions, especially in winter when our skin feels tighter, drier and more inflamed than usual. If you have sensitive skin you are more prone to breakouts, eczema and rosacea. With a few tips and tricks and skin-saving solutions you can soothe sensitivity and feel comfortable in your own skin again.
My Top Tips
- Excessive indoor heating dehydrates our skin so set a lower, constant room temperature rather than overheating your home in short bursts of higher temperatures.
- As relaxing as piping hot showers and baths can be, they prevent the skin cells from locking in moisture, which results in dryness and irritation. Opt for a warm or lukewarm bathing routine.
- Harsh soaps strip the skin of essential oils that keep it hydrated, so choose face washes that are gentle on your skin.
- After washing your skin, leave it a just little damp and immediately apply your moisturiser. This helps to boost the skin’s moisture levels.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals and ingredients like alcohol, Retinoids and Alpha-Hydroxy acids that are found in antibacterial or deodorant products.
- If you suffer with sensitive skin elsewhere on your body, use gentle, fragrance-free soaps and laundry detergent to reduce irritation.
Sensitive skincare solutions
When your skin is sensitive you should keep your skincare routine to a minimum and use products that are packed with skin-loving ingredients.
Our Delicate Face Serum Oil is specifically formulated for sensitive skin. Gentle bio-active ingredients soothe and nourish the skin and help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Facial oils can be more effective at moisturising than creams and lotions, especially if your skin is dry and sensitive.
Oils are lipophilic, which means they can penetrate deep into the skin, trapping water and other moisturising properties, while keeping toxins out. Oils help to fortify and strengthen our skin's own natural barrier. Added Jasmine has great anti-inflammatory properties that soothe irritated skin.
Incorporate an eye cream into your daily skincare routine. Our Absolute Eye Serum featuring Hyaluronic Acid penetrates the skin deeply and provides the delicate eye area with long-lasting moisture to help combat dryness, puffiness, dark circles and pigmentation.